||Feb 8, 2019
Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Network biomarker for disease diagnosis and dynamic network biomarker for disease prediction
We defined two new concepts of biomarkers, i.e. network biomarker and dynamic network biomarker, which can diagnose the disease state and predict the disease state, in a network manner, respectively. In other words, instead of traditional molecular biomarker, we directly use network to diagnose or quantify the disease state, which not only give the accurate and reliable results but also provide the biological insights into the molecular mechanism of the disease initiation and progression.
- Luonan Chen, Rui Liu, Zhiping Liu, Meiyi Li, Kazuyuki Aihara. Detecting early-warning signals for sudden deterioration of complex diseases by dynamical network biomarkers. Scientific Reports. 2, 342; DOI:10.1038/srep00342 (2012).
- Biwei Yang, Meiyi Li, Wenqing Tang, Weixin Liu, Si Zhang, Luonan Chen, Jinglin Xia. Dynamic network biomarker indicates pulmonary metastasis at the tipping point of hepatocellular carcinoma. Nature Communications, 9, 678, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-03024-2, 2018.
- Tao Zeng, Wanwei Zhang, Xiangtian Yu, Xiaoping Liu, Meiyi Li, Luonan Chen. Big-data based edge biomarkers: study on dynamical drug sensitivity and resistance in individuals. Briefings in Bioinformatics, 17(4):576-92. doi: 10.1093/bib/bbv078, 2016.
- Wanwei Zhang, Tao Zeng, Xiaoping Liu, Luonan Chen. Diagnosing phenotypes of single-sample individuals by edge biomarkers. Journal of Molecular Cell Biology, 7(3):231-41, DOI:10.1093/jmcb/mjv025, 2015.
- Wanwei Zhang, Tao Zeng, Luonan Chen. EdgeMarker: identifying differentially correlated molecule pairs as edge-biomarkers. Journal of Theoretical Biology, DOI:10.1016/j.jtbi.2014.05.041, 2014.
- Tao Zeng, Wanwei Zhang, Xiangtian Yu, Xiaoping Liu, Meiyi Li, Rui Liu, Luonan Chen. Edge biomarkers for classification and prediction of phenotypes. SCIENCE CHINA Life Sciences, doi: 10.1007/s11427-014-4757-4, 2014.
- Xiaoping Liu, NSR, https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nsr/nwy162/5266397, 2019.